Since 1965 our client has grown to one of the largest employers in the South West of England, with over 2,300 employees across there six manufacturing sites. Continued growth is backed by an ambitious product and business development plan as well as continued investment into the company. As a result of structered expansion, our client seeks an experienced Production Manager from Manufacturing / Engineering Background.
To manage production resources in an efficient, effective and safe manner to produce high quality products in compliance with the prevailing quality standards whilst meeting schedule requirements. Productivity, discipline, pace, cost, compliance and H&S are critical accountable success factors in the role.
- Ensure product is built to the current work instruction/drawing as required.
- Ensure all quality checks are completed in a timely manner and a right first time philosophy is rigorously adopted.
- Identify issues impeding productive efficiency and solve or report as soon as possible.
- Liaise with OSC to ensure resource is provided for timely completion of snagging on finished boats..
- Monitor KPI’s and take corrective action as appropriate to ensure adherence to schedule, productivity and quality standards.
Line Management / Supervision:
- Management of Production Leads and other employees to ensure pace and quality standards are met
- Ensure the workforce is appropriately skilled and are regularly reviewed for skill, effort and attitude. Where there is an issue coach and mentor the individual.
- Work with ME’s and other resources to ensure the line is balanced and daily targets are met.
- Effectively manage overtime and ensure standards are met in line with regular working hours.
- Ensure adherence to Work Instructions/Drawings and where unclear seek guidance
Health & Safety:
- Ensuring H&S compliance
- To support and participate in risk assessments as required and to support and raise Hazard Identification reports helping the reduction in accident levels.
A reasonable amount of overtime is required to cover shifts/rotas as expected
Productivity, Quality, Delivery and H&S Targets as determined by Senior Management including:
- Overall line efficiency
- Cost, quality and delivery
- Right First Time achievement
- 2nd Issue control
- Performance reviews
- 6S score
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Thorough knowledge of relevant processes and able to carry out quality audits
- Experience in supervising a team
- Good communication skills
- Working knowledge of systems – Chess, Quality Systems, T&A, MPS, Change Notes, etc
- Ability to utilise and analyse software tools such as efficiency trackers, standard work, block plans to enable schedule adherence and meet productivity targets
- Facilitate staff development – probationary reviews/ appraisals/return to work etc
- Good IT skills – communication, spreadsheets, presentations
- Able to read drawings and impact on production
- NPI process knowledge including routine changes and NSO’s
- Lean Manufacturing basics -Problem solving techniques, A3 reporting, visual management, 6S
- Project Management – able to plan, organise and lead projects
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join an established but very strong vibrant business.
Email your CV today to email@example.com or call James on 01803 520900
Vacancy Uploaded: 18th July 2011