Since 1965 our client has grown to one of the largest employers in the South West of England, with over 2,300 employees across there six manufacturing sites. Continued growth is backed by an ambitious product and business development plan as well as continued investment into the company. As a result of structered expansion, our client seeks an experienced Production Engineering Supervisor.
- Ensure product is built to the current work instruction/drawing as required.
- Identify issues impeding productive efficiency and solve or report as soon as possible
- Identify issues for improvement that will enhance efficiency or product integrity ie (Fit, Form or Finish) and solve in a timely manner
- Liaise with OSC to ensure resource is provided for timely completion of snagging on finished boats
- Ensure all fitments / GRP and raw materials are respected at all times
- Ensure snagging is carried out to the required standard and any highlighted yellow snags are countersigned to confirm quality assurance
- Monitor KPI’s and take corrective action as appropriate to ensure adherence to schedule, productivity and quality standards.
- Management of Production Team and other employees to ensure pace and quality standards are met
- Ensure the workforce is appropriately skilled and are regularly reviewed for skill, effort and attitude. Where there is an issue coach and mentor the individual
- Complete Personal Development Plans and agree training requirements for subordinates
- Conduct disciplinary hearings and/or act as investigating officer as necessary
- Work with ME’s and other resources to ensure the line is balanced and daily targets are met
- Ensure operator discipline including bell to bell working, and that H&S protocols are adhered to at all times
- Effectively manage overtime and ensure standards are met in line with regular working hours
- Ensure adherence to Work Instructions/Drawings and where unclear seek guidance
- Deputise for the Production Manager Fit-Out at times of absence or unavailability.
Health & Safety:
- Ensuring H&S compliance
- To support and participate in risk assessments as required and to support and raise Hazard Identification reports helping the reduction in accident levels.
- Keep the workplace tidy and organised ensuring targeted 6S standards are met at all times
- Manage consumables ensuring issues are controlled and wastage avoided
A reasonable amount of overtime is required to cover shifts/rotas as expected
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you may be required to undertake other duties appropriate to your role.
Productivity, Quality, Delivery and H&S Targets as determined by Senior Management including:
- Right First Time achievement
- Cost, quality and delivery
- Schedule adherence
- Overall line efficiency
- 2nd Issue control
- 6S score
- Skills matrix
This is a fantastic opportunity to Join a world market leader. Email your CV today, or call 01803 520900
Vacancy Uploaded: 18th September 2018