Export Customer Services Advisor- German With French and or Dutch
Our Client is a leading manufacturer and distributor in the South West employing staff totalling approximately 200 with a proven continuing record of growth. Being one of the largest manufacturers in the industry with departments in customer services, marketing, finance, IT, sales, human resources, manufacturing, purchasing, warehousing and retail. My clients products are available in over 60 countries and over 2000 quality retail shops worldwide. The products been used in wide-ranging projects from English country pubs to international opera houses, and from the homes of Hollywood film stars to Arabian mosques.
Department: CUSTOMER SERVICES
Reports To: EXPORT CUSTOMER SERVICES SUPERVISOR AND BUSINESS MANAGER FOR EXPORT & USA
Hours:Full-TimePurpose Of the role
You will be part of the Customer Services Team, responsible for processing orders via telephone / fax / e-mail and dealing with customer queries resulting from orders and collecting documentary requirements for the Export market.
- Receiving and transferring telephone calls in the relevant language, ensuring all calls are dealt with in a friendly and professional manner.
- Processing orders received via telephone, fax and email onto the Sage telesales system, ensuring the customer details and ordered products are accurately entered and acknowledgements of orders are sent to customers.
- Responding to and solving customer problems / queries / complaints, accurately detailing all communication and activity on the SalesLogix system.
- Processing of customer credits.
- Supporting and liaising with the Sales Representatives with regards to queries relating to customer details, display products and inputting of orders.
- Assisting customers with floor plans and quantity calculations.
- Liaising with warehouse / carriers with reference to distribution.
- Liaising with the Freight Controller and freight forwarders to obtain transport quotes and book freight.
- Ensuring all correct export shipping documentation is obtained and filed electronically on the shipping document system to provide an accurate audit trail.
- Ensuring customer data on SalesLogix is up-to-date and complete.
- Taking credit card payments.
- Assisting the credit control department by highlighting any issues with customer accounts and contacting customers in order to resolve these.
- Translating and checking translations for various departments such as marketing, goods-in and purchasing.
- Completing various administrative tasks.
- Working with the team to achieve various other tasks as required.
- Attending meetings and product training sessions as required.
These are the main functions of the job but employees may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Be able to speak fluent English, German and French. An additional language would be an advantage.
- Be proficient in formal writing skills in English, German and French.
- Possess excellent communication skills with a confident, pleasant telephone manner.
- Have a knowledge/understanding of export documentation (desirable).
- Be a team player.
- Have accurate keyboard skills and experience of data entry.
- Have proven customer service / sales order processing experience.
- Be IT literate with good MS Office skills; training will be given as necessary.
- Have the ability to work to set standards and procedures.
- Have a willingness to learn.
- Be educated to a good standard - A’ levels or equivalent. Basic mathematical ability essential.
- Be able to distinguish colour ranges.
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including a: contributory pension scheme, staff discounts,childcare vouchers, accident insurance and death in service cover. In addition there is structured training and the potential for career progression within our rapidly growing dynamic company.
Vacancy Uploaded: 26th July 2017